Revival of Redrosewrites!

To be honest, I never thought I was getting back to this ever, but I miss being an old fashioned blogger who writes about whatever strikes to her at any point of time. 

Last year just went by like a gust of wind, too strong and all at once. I would not say it was miserable but it was well, just me trying to adjust with not-so-appealing affair called Adulting (still failing at it, but now I know to laugh it off!). The biggest change that you might notice is the edge of overdramatic expression in my writing. 

All my old blogs read like coming from a mature and composed person; but this struggling at adulting Redrose version has learnt new hacks. All this time I thought problems and real-life crisis make people serious but along this topsy turvy ride, I have learned to take a chill pill and take life as it comes (I might get some smirks from my friends as they see me panicking every next hour ;)) 

Over the course of one year, the biggest learning I have got is that as you grow people will try to tell you that please wake up, you are the not the center of the universe, stop being so self-obsessed. But let me break it to you, IT'S A LIE!

This is your life, you are the freaking protagonist. Own it with pride. 

I don't mean it in a mean way, all I mean is that as responsibilities and life unfold around you, the society normalizes the fact of not prioritizing self and I don't want you to do that. 

(Kudos to you if you notice a great play of the word MEAN, please tell me you did.)

Yes, family, friends, career, healthcare, wealth - all that is a lot to manage but while you are at it, don't forget that all of it exists because YOU ARE HERE! The day you leave, all that will fade away too (at least for you). So, just 

Be an adult for yourself before you do it for others. 
Be an adult for your childhood passion before you do it for your employer's deadline. 
Be an adult for your hopeful younger self before a good 'Sharma ji ke bachhe' neighbor next door. 


I have always been a person driven by my impulse, and that's how I started today's blog. 

Well, let me be honest, I haven't written anything worthwhile in a long time, especially long format so here I am; to strengthen my belief that I can write and that I am still a writer, a blogger and all that. 

Comment down below if my Sunday Scribblings made sense to you. Is it pressing you enough to do things for yourself before you do it for anyone/anything else?

Stay in touch with me here .


Comments

  1. To adulting, good or bad🥂

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the sweetest writers I've come across. 🤌🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely written… look forward to more pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s me Hemika

      Delete
    2. Thanks a ton, Hemika. I hope I continue to share more pieces here.

      Delete
  4. Beautifully written👍🔥✨. Hoping that you would continue with the blog so that I can have something good to read every once in a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, I hope I continue with this too... Writing on this platform, just makes me happy...

      Delete
  5. This is what i needed. Beautifully written and its an absolute fact what you wrote about. I still dream to write like this😂. Never stop writing. :- gyani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uff! This really means a lot. I am glad you could relate and that you admire my writing. It's indeed a compliment that every writer definitely craves for :*)

      Delete
  6. This is really beautiful❤️. It was like a reminder & has literally pushed me to start blogging again. Thankyou for writing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I am so happy you got the push you needed🥺💯 Go and get it, mannn!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quotes and Anecdotes - 5