Quotes and Anecdotes - 1

We all have been a part of school assemblies which began with something called 'Thought for the day'. These thoughts were usually some deep or meaningful quotes that had some real wisdom to offer. Being a kid apart from the real world, it was hard for us to actually understand those quotes on a deeper level.

But now as we get a feel of real life, we often fall back on words we have heard growing up all these years. It is true what people say that some advises only make sense at the right time. I also believe that our growth cannot be rushed. Our understandings develop over time and that's alright. 

So, for a change I decided that why not share one life quote with one of my personal life anecdote which made me resonate more with the quote and made me a better person.  

Here is the first one in the #quote_anecdote series

Being the youngest kid in the entire family, I have grown up as a highly pampered child. My demands got fulfilled even before expressing them. But everything comes with pros as well as cons and so was this privilege too.
 As I was seen as a little one, my family and relatives always got some sense of joy in teasing me all the time and as a stubborn girl that I was, I would always say some ill words in anger or simply spoil my special occasions with all the pranks that people played on me. 

At first, it was just momentary but then, I started developing a coping mechanism by being rude all the time to all my relatives who played pranks on me. Though it was a wrong choice to make as many would say, but to my relief everyone actually stopped teasing me after that.
I was happy for some time but then when I actually observed, I realized that not only did those relatives stopped teasing me but they outright stopped talking to me.
As a child born and brought up in close knit family, I have been a people person and being connected with people works as my antidote from all the misery of life. So not being in touch with my relatives actually made me upset and that is when once again I came across the quote by Lord Buddha 
"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger."

This quote may mean something else to others but for me the cost for my anger was my broken bonds with my closest people.
No matter how many times my mother told me not to be angry but it made sense to me only when somewhere down the lane, I saw it acting out in my own life. From that day, I tried to keep a check on my anger issues, I made it a habit to stop for a second or two every time I felt like my anger was on its peak.



I am sure that I haven't mastered it but I am more in control than I was before.
Today as I have made amends in myself, everyone has again got in touch with me. They still tease me out of love and affection but are really delighted when they see this new found change in my reaction.
It is true that our life is too short to learn everything after making a mistake but I truly believe that the lessons we learn on our own get deeply rooted into our character, making us a better version of ourselves.

I hope you like this new series.
Do let me know down in the comments about the quotes that you have genuinely learnt with your own experiences.

Keep reading!

Image credits; 123rf.com

Comments

  1. Dammm girl your are getting so much better with your words by the day.๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only possible through constant support by friends like you. Thank you for always motivating me. :)

      Delete
  2. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œwish i also had attended English lectures attentively like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you for that compliment but actually when one is in convent school they are bound to learn English one way or the other

      Delete
  3. It's an awesome blog. I don't know you realised or not, but you are actually on a path of knowing yourself. Cheers on that and yeah, keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seriously means a lot Adi. And yes you are right I am on my way to self discovery and it is indeed a great feeling.

      Delete
  4. เคฌเคนुเคค เค–ूเคฌ। เคชเคฐिเคตเคฐ्เคคเคจ เคนเคฎेเคถा เค–ुเคฆ เคธे เคนी เคถुเคฐू เค•เคฐเคจा เคœเคฐूเคฐी เคนोเคคा เคนै เค”เคฐ เคตो เคคुเคฎ เค•เคฐเคจा เคธीเค– เค—เคˆ। เค…เคชเคจे เคฆिเคฒ เค•ी เคนเคฎेเคถा เคธुเคจो, เคธเคนी เคธिเค–ाเคคा เคนै।

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. เคœी เคฌिเคฒเค•ुเคฒ เคธเคนी เค•เคนा, เคชเคฐिเคตเคฐ्เคคเคจ เคนी เคธंเคธाเคฐ เค•ा เคจिเคฏเคฎ เคนै เค”เคฐ เคฆिเคฒ เค•ी เคธुเคจเค•เคฐ เค†เค—े เคฌเคข़เคจा เคนी เคœिंเคฆเค—ी เคœीเคจे เค•ा เคธเคนी เคคเคฐीเค•ा เคนै।

      Delete
  5. Good one .... Keep it up.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work garuuu❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Garvita, you make me feel proud. Beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciation from you means a lot to me, Ma'am. Thank you very much for all your support.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quotes and Anecdotes - 5

Revival of Redrosewrites!